Would you like to add powerful and easy-to-use Bluetooth Low Energy to your robot, art or other electronics project? Heck yeah! With BLE now included in modern smart phones and tablets, its fun to add wireless connectivity. So what you really need is the new Adafruit Bluefruit LE UART Friend!
The Bluefruit LE UART Friend makes it easy to add Bluetooth Low Energy connectivity to anything with a hardware or software serial port. We even have nice hardware flow control so you won't have to think about losing data. Connect to your Arduino or other microcontroller or even just a standard FTDI cable for debugging and testing.
This multi-function module can do quite a lot! For most people, they'll be very happy to use the standard Nordic UART RX/TX connection profile. In this profile, the Bluefruit acts as a data pipe, that can 'transparently' transmit back and forth from your iOS or Android device. You can use our iOS App or Android App, or write your own to communicate with the UART service.
- ARM Cortex M0 core running at 16MHz
- 256KB flash memory
- 32KB SRAM
- Transport: UART @ 9600 baud with HW flow control (CTS+RTS required)
- 5V-safe inputs (Arduino Uno friendly, etc.)
- On-board 3.3V voltage regulation
- Bootloader with support for safe OTA firmware updates
- Easy AT command set to get up and running quickly
- Dimensions: 21mm x 32mm x 5mm / 0.8" x 1.26" x 0.2"
- Weight: 3.4g