Foca is a FT232RL breakout. The FT232RL is a USB to serial UART interface with optional clock generator output.
Itís the essential tools for establishing communication between PC and mostly MCU. Especially, itís the optimum tool for the board which basic Arduino but without USB interface, like Sniffer, Nano, Colorduino, Stalker etc.
- Single chip USB to asynchronous serial data transfer interface. Tiny volume
- Entire USB protocol handled on the chip Ė No firmware programming required
- 5V Single Supply Operation and compatible with 3.3V/5V operation voltage.
- USB 2.0 Full Speed compatible
- Compatible with Xbee
- Microprocessor: FT232RL
- PCB size: 45mm X 20mm X 1.6mm
- Indicators: TX RX PWR
- Power supply: 3.3V-5V DC
- IO: 12
Note: We have heard from people running recent versions Windows that they were unable to use this board, however Mac and Linux users love it. If you plan to use this board under windows you are better advised to check one of the many other USB-TTL converters we carry.