The MLX90614 is an Infra Red thermometer for non contact temperature measurements. Both the IR sensitive thermopile detector chip and the signal conditioning ASIC are integrated in the same TO-39 can.
This is the -DCI version of the MLX90614 with a 5° FOV (Field of View), 3V operation, gradient compensation and medical accuracy!
Integrated into the MLX90614 are a low noise amplifier, 17-bit ADC and powerful DSP unit thus achieving high accuracy and resolution of the thermometer.
The thermometer comes factory calibrated with a digital SMBus output giving full access to the measured temperature in the complete temperature range(s) with a resolution of 0.02°C.
The user can configure the digital output to be PWM. As a standard, the 10-bit PWM is configured to continuously transmit the measured temperature in range of -20 to 120 °C, with an output resolution of 0.14 °C.
MLX90614 Features and Benefits:
- Small size, low cost
- Easy to integrate
- Factory calibrated in wide temperature range: -40 to 125 °C for sensor temperature and -70 to 380 °C for object temperature.
- High accuracy of 0.5°C over wide temperature range (0..+50°C for Ta and 0..+60°C for To)
- Medical accuracy of 0.1°C in a limited temperature range available on request
- Measurement resolution of 0.01°C
- Single zone version
- SMBus compatible digital interface for fast temperature readings and building sensor networks
- Customizable PWM output for continuous reading
- Power saving mode
- Different package options for applications and measurements versatility
- Medical grade
- Up to 100 sensors in bus mode (parallel connection, there is a address field in the SMBus protocol)