The ESP8266 is a brand new low-cost WiFi chip from Espressif which allows you to easily connect your project to the Internet of Things with a simple UART AT command interface.
Additionally the ESP8266 can be used as standalone microcontroller with WiFi, programmed directly through the Arduino IDE. Its powerful 32-bit processor with large flash allows you to run pretty complex and demanding sketches.
This is the ESP8266 ESP-01 module with software version 0.90 loaded which has a chip antenna and communicates at 115200 baud. The module breaks out all necessary pins of the chip to a 2x4 pin header with 0.1" pitch. No external circuits are needed.
The ESP8266 supports 802.11 b/g/n networks as Access Point, Station and both at the same time, it's firmware can be updated over a serial connection.
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- AP, STA, AP+STA modes
- Integrated TCP/IP stack
- Integrated 32 bit RISC processor
- On-board indicator LEDs: red for power, blue for activity
- Very low power consumption in power down mode (<10uA)
- Standby current < 1mA
- Controlled via UART interface at 115200 baud with a simple set of AT commands
- Only 2 microcontroller pins needed for communication (RXD/TXD)
- Can be programmed from Arduino IDE directly
- Size: 14.5 x 24.8mm
Note: Your power supply needs to be able to source at least 300mA @3.3V during startup of the module.
|| CHF 6.41
|| CHF 6.34
|| CHF 5.84
|| CHF 4.60