iMX233-OLinuXino is a Single Board Linux computer in very compact form. The board is also available in an industrial grade version.
OLinuXino is Open Source software and Open Source Hardware, low cost Linux single board computer with GPIOs capable to operate -25+85C.
People keep comparing OLinuXino with Raspberry Pi and BeagleBone project, so we would like to state the differences here:
Although the projects are similar there are different goals and implementations:
OLinuXino is completely open source - including hardware and software, this means you have access to all CAD files and sources and you can reuse them for your own personal or commercial project. There are NO restrictions to manufacture and sell these board for your own use or resale.
OLinuXino use widely available microcontroller iMX233 which cost USD 5.50 in 100 pcs quantity, this means that people can spin off their own boards and manufacture them cheap as the processor is in TQFP easy to assembly by hobbyist package.
Raspberry PI have no released CAD files nor complete schematics, RPi uses processor from Broadcom which is not available for sale in small quantity, it uses BGA package which require expensive setup to assembly.
BeagleBone have open source CAD hardware files but uses BGA processor and BB board is very complex and hard to manufacture in small quantities.
- iMX233 ARM926J processor at 454Mhz
- 64 MB RAM
- SD-card connector for booting the Linux image
- TV PAL/NTSC video output
- 2 USB High Speed Hosts
- Ethernet 100 Mbit
- Stereo Audio Input
- Stereo Headphones Audio Output
- two Buttons
- UEXT connector for connection of different peripherial modules
- 40 pin GPIO for connection of other hardware
- Board is in shape for fit inside Pactec JM42 plastic box
- Power supply input 6-16VDC
- PCB dimensions: 3.70'' x 2.15'' (94.0mm x 54.6mm)
- Nominal dimensions: 3.70'' x 2.65'' (94.0mm x 67.3mm)
- Operating temperature: 0-70°C