The LV-MaxSonar-EZ4 is the narrowest beam width sensor that is also the least sensitive to side objects offered in the LV-MaxSonar-EZ sensor line. The LV-MaxSonar-EZ4 is an excellent choice when only larger objects need to be detected.
The serial interface is a bit odd (it's RS232 instead of standard TTL), but the PWM and Analog interfaces will allow any micro to listen easily enough. The sensor provides very accurate readings of 0 to 255 inches (0 to 6.45m) in 1 inch increments with little or no dead zone!
Maxbotix is offering the EZ0, EZ1, EZ2, EZ3, and EZ4 with progressively narrower beam angles allowing the sensor to match the application. Please see beam width explanation below.
Control up to 10 sensors with only two pins! Checkout the Maxbotix FAQ listed below.
- Resolution of 1 inch
- 20Hz reading rate
- 42kHz Ultrasonic sensor measures distance to objects
- RoHS Compliant
- Read from all 3 sensor outputs: Analog Voltage, Serial, Pulse Width
- Virtually no sensor dead zone, objects closer than 6 inches range as 6 inches
- Maximum Range of 254 inches (645 cm)
- Operates from 2.5-5.5V
- Low 2.0mA average current requirement
- Analog Output - 10mV/inch
- PWM Output - 147uS/inch
- Small, light weight module
- Narrow beam and good side object rejection
- Best for large object detection applications