This is the PTL-ino, an Arduino compatible board, designed entirely with through-hole components. It is a perfect project to learn how to solder and start getting into the world of micro controllers with an Arduino compatible microcontroller board.
The PTL-ino is remarkable in quite few features: First of all it doesn't come with usual FTDI or ATmega USB to serial converter chip but instead uses PIC16F1455 for this job. Unlike all other Uno compatible boards including the original Uno, the USB to serial converter chip comes also as DIP package and can therefor easily be replaced and or reprogrammed. Also the PTL-ino allows to use a very wide range of input voltages from 7-35V!
On top of that the PTL-ino is a true Swiss invention, coming from Post Tenebras Lab - the famous Geneve Hackerspace.
- Microcontroller: ATmega328P
- USB Serial interface: PIC16F1455
- Operating Voltage: 5V
- Input Voltage (recommended): 7-25V
- Input Voltage (absolute max): 7-35V
- Digital I/O Pins: 14 (of which 6 provide PWM output)
- Analog Input Pins: 6
- DC Current per I/O Pin: 20mA
- DC Current for 3.3V Pin: 200mA
- Max Current with USB Supply: 500mA
- Max Current with Ext Supply: 1500mA
- Flash Memory: 32KB (0.5 KB used by bootloader)
- SRAM: 2KB
- EEPROM: 1KB
- Clock Speed: 16MHz (provided by PIC 16F1455)
- Dimensions: 61.3x51.5mm
- Weight: 28g
Note: This is a soldering kit suitable for beginners. Make sure you have all needed tools to assemble the kit before ordering.
- PTL-ino PCB
- All needed parts and components
- USB-mini cable