The MPL3115A2 is a pressure sensor based on MEMS technology that provides Altitude data to within 30cm (with oversampling enabled). The sensor outputs are digitized by a hi-res 24-bit ADC and sent over I2C, meaning it is very easy to interface with most microcontrollers. Pressure can be resolved with output in fractions of a Pascal, and Altitude can be resolved in fractions of a meter. The device also provides 12-bit temperature measurements in degrees Celsius.
This breakout board makes it easy to prototype with this tiny device by breaking out the necessary pins to a standard 0.1" spaced header. The board also has all of the passive components needed to get the device working, so you can simply connect it to something that talks I2C and read from it!
- 1.95V to 3.6V Supply Voltage, internally regulated by LDO
- 1.6V to 3.6V Digital Interface Supply Voltage
- Fully Compensated internally
- Direct Reading, Compensated
- Pressure: 20-bit measurement (Pascals)
- Altitude: 20-bit measurement (meters)
- Temperature: 12-bit measurement (degrees Celsius)
- Programmable Events
- Autonomous Data Acquisition
- Resolution down to 1 ft. / 30 cm
- 32 Sample FIFO
- Ability to log data up to 12 days using the FIFO
- 1 second to 9 hour data acquisition rate
- I2C digital output interface (operates up to 400 kHz)