This product is currently out of stock. You might want to set a notification to receive a short one-time email when the product returns to stock next time.
The weather resistant SCXL-MaxSonar-WR self-cleaning sensor is a rugged ultrasonic sensor component module. This outdoor sensor provides very short to long distance detection and ranging in a compact, robust PVC housing. The ultrasonic sensor meets the IP67 water intrusion standard and matches standard electrical 3/4-inch PVC pipe fittings.
The MB7589 SCXL-MaxSonar-WRMT features a self-cleaning transducer to remove condensation and ice buildup when operating in cold conditions. The MB7589 SCXL-MaxSonar-WRMT self-cleaning sensor is equipped with filtering firmware that is designed to ignore smaller targets and noise, and still report the range to the target that reflects the largest ultrasonic signal. (The sensor will also reject periodic noise, even noise that has a higher amplitude than the acoustic return from the target.) This gives users the flexibility to consistently range larger targets in the presence of clutter and noise. If the largest target is removed from the field of view, the SCXL-MaxSonar-WRMT self-cleaning sensor will switch to the target that gives the next largest detectable return.
The Most-Likely filter is designed to report the distance to the largest acoustic return while ignoring smaller targets. When targets are of similar amplitude reflections, preference is given to the closest target.
MB7569 is the RS232 version of this sensor.
- Resolution of 1mm
- Self-cleaning transducer
- 0.58Hz read rate
- Internal temperature compensation
- 42kHz ultrasonic sensor measures distance to objects
- RoHS Compliant
- Read from all 3 sensor outputs: Analog Voltage, Serial, Pulse Width
- Virtually no sensor dead zone, objects closer than 30cm typically range as 30cm
- Operates from 2.7-5.5V
- Low 68mA average current requirement
- Small, light weight module
- Designed for easy integration into your project or product
- Operational temperature -40°C to +65°C (-40°F to +149°F)
- Real-time automatic calibration (voltage, humidity, and ambient noise)
- Firmware filtering for excellent noise tolerance and clutter rejection
- Weather resistant (IP67), optional chemical resistant F-Option
- Matches standard electrical 3/4-inch PVC pipe fittings for easy mounting (3/4-inch National Pipe Thread Straight)
- Long, narrow detection zone
- Maxbotix' most advanced, weather-resistant, ultrasonic sensor
- Additional stability filter rejects anomalous readings
- Detects the largest signal return in the field of view
- Uses the complete dynamic range of the sensor, if no large targets are present the sensor will select the next smallest target in view
- Can be used to range large objects behind small obstructions
- Best sensor for bin and tank level measurements where icing has occured
- Maximum range of 500cm (196 inches)