The Freaduino MEGA2560 is based on the Arduino Mega2560 design and is fully compatible with the original Mega2560. So you can use Freaduino as if it was an Arduino Mega2560. All code, shields and IDE for Arduino Mega2560 are also compatible with Freaduino MEGA2560. Remarkable improvements in the hardware make Freaduino Mega2560 much more flexible and easier to use. For example: An onboard switch allows you to select between 3.3V or 5V IO voltage. This allow you connect 3.3V modules (like XBee and many more) to the Freaduino Mega2560 directly without using a special level shifter board.
- Inherits all of Arduino MEGA2560's features.
- Compatible to Arduino MEGA2560's pin layout, screw hole and dimensions.
- 3.3V or 5V Operating Voltage selecable
- Better visible location of Indicator LEDs
- Wide range external input from 7~23V DC
- Improved with SMD components