The Rainbowduino board is an Arduino compatible controller board with professional LED driving capacity. It will drive an 8x8 RGB LEd Matrix or a 4x4x4 RGB LED Cube (Common Anode).
Rainbowduino v3.0 uses two MY9221 chips which is a 12-channels (R/G/B x 4) constant current Adaptive Pulse Density Modulation(APDM). Rainbowduino v3.0 has provisions for cascading more such boards with I2C interface.
Rainbowduino v3.0 is flashed with Arduino boot-loader and this makes it easy to program sketches using Arduino IDE. Unlike other LED drivers, this comes with a USB to UART (FT232RL) inbuilt for programming the sketches.
- No external circuit required, plug and shine!
- Provides 2 x 16 pin header for connecting multiplexed LEDs
- Constant current(20.8mA) LEDs driver.
- Wide output voltage adaption from 6.5V-12VDC
- Dedicated GPIO and ADC
- Hardware UART and I2C communication Easy cascading
- Built in USB to UART chip (FT232RL)
- Built in 5V / 1 Ampere voltage regulator
- Small form and light weight
- Maximum LEDs driving capability: 192 (i.e 8x8x3)
Note: Select Arduino Duemilanove in the Arduino IDE as board to upload new sketches.