In the next iteration of the Model B line, Raspberry Pi has given us the very powerful Model B 4 with the goal of the credit card sized development platform becoming a full desktop experience. The 4GB DDR4 RAM version of this board has the ability to run two 4k monitors at once via two micro HDMI ports and features the long-asked-for, true Gigabit Ethernet. This creates a much higher-performing multimedia experience with the new Pi! In addition to two USB2 ports, the Raspberry Pi 4 also has two USB 3 ports making data transfers that much quicker over USB.
The RPi4 retains a lot of the features of the RPi3 B+ including the pin-out for the 40 pin header. Wireless is still available on the 4 in the form of dual-band 2.4/5.0 GHz WiFi and Bluetooth 5.0. A new feature on the 4 is the inclusion of a USB Type-C connector for power delivery replacing the Mini-B connector.
The Raspberry Pi 4 does have the ability to consume more power than the Pi 3 B+, so a proper power supply will be needed. Those looking to use third party power supplies and cables or to run more intensive programs on the Pi; a proper source of power and heat dissipation measures are recommended.
- Broadcom BCM2711, quad-core Cortex-A72 (ARM v8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.5GHz
- 4GB LPDDR4-2400 SDRAM
- 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz IEEE 802.11b/g/n/ac wireless LAN, Bluetooth 5.0, BLE
- True Gigabit Ethernet
- 2 × USB 3.0 Ports, 2 x USB 2.0 Ports
- Fully backwards compatible 40-pin GPIO header
- 2 × micro HDMI ports supporting up to 4K 60fps video resolution
- 2-lane MIPI DSI/CSI ports for camera and display
- 4-pole stereo audio and composite video port
- Micro SD card slot for loading operating system and data storage
- Requires 5.1V, 3A power via USB Type C or GPIO
This item is limited to 2 pcs per order.