The Teensy USB Development Board is a complete USB-based microcontoller development system. All programming is done via the USB port. No special programmer is needed, only a standard "Mini-B" USB cable and a PC or Macintosh with a USB port.
The very special thing about the Teensy boards is that they are able to emulate almost any USB device (USB HID), i.e. mouse, keyboard, joystick, MIDI etc.
This version has solder pads for all I/O signals.
- USB can be any type of device
- AVR processor, 16 MHz / ARM processor 48 MHz (Teensy 3.0)
- Single pushbutton programming
- Easy to use Teensy Loader application
- Free software development tools
- Works with Mac OS X, Linux & Windows
- Tiny size, perfect for many projects
- Actual size is 2.0 x 0.7" (50.8 x 18mm)
Teensy and Teensy++ compared:
|Specification||Teensy 2.0||Teensy++ 2.0||Teensy 3.0|
||ATMEGA32U4 8 bit AVR 16 MHz
||AT90USB1286 8 bit AVR 16 MHz
||MK20DX128 32 bit ARM Cortex-M4 48 MHz
Teensy Loader Application
The Teensy Loader makes getting code into your Teensy easy. Just press and release the reboot button and the processor runs the HalfKay bootloader, which is automatically detected. Teensy Loader lets you download your code and reboot to it.
Automatic mode downloads and reboots to your code the instant your computer detects HalfKay. The latest version of your code is always used. Just press the button and within 1 to 2 seconds your latest code is running!
All Teensy boards are shipped assembled and fully tested.