This is the Freaduino Motor Shield (2A) which uses the L298P chip to allow driving two 7-12V DC motors with maximum 2A current. This shield can be directly mounted on top of Arduino Duemilanove and Arduino Mega or compatible boards.
The speed control is achieved through conventional PWM which can be obtained from Arduino's PWM Pins 5 and 6. The enable/disable function of the motor control is signalled by Arduino digital Pin 4 and 7. The Motor shield can be powered directly from Arduino or from external power source. It is strongly advisable to use external power supply to power the motor shield.
- Logic Control Voltage: 5V (From Arduino)
- Motor Driver Voltage: 6.5~12V (VIN Power Supply), 4.8~35V (External Power Source)
- 2 way motor drive
- Logic supply current Iss: ≤36mA
- Motor Driven current Io: ≤2A
- Maximum power consumption:25W (T=75°C)
- Pins 4, 5, 6 and 7 are used to drive two DC motor
- Supports PWM speed control
- Supports PLL advance speed control
- Size: 51x57mm