The ESP8266-EVB is an evaluation board for the highly-integrated WiFi SoC ESP8266EX. The board is recommended for beginners with ESP8266.
The ESP8266EX is very highly integrated SoC which includes Tensilica's L106 32-bit core processor, SRAM, power management unit and RF front end. The ESP8266EX has a number of interfaces - I2C, SPI, SDIO and also a number of free GPIO pins. The chip allows the implementation of a WiFi TCP/IP stack with just few extra components beside the ESP8266EX.
This board is suitable for research and development with Espressif's ESP8266EX chip. The module could be used for home automation, smart plugs and lights, mesh networks, industrial wireless control, baby monitors, IP cameras, sensor networks, wearable electronics, etc.
- Includes MOD-WIFI-ESP8266-DEV
- Relay 220VAC/10A with connector and status LED
- Big button for easier access to UART mode
- Power jack for +5V external power supply
- UEXT connector
- Row of 16 pin holes at 0.1" step with all ESP8266 signals accessible; male-male 16-pin connector included
- 4 mounting holes
- Dimensions: (2.25 x 2)" ~ (57 x 50)mm
- Main chip: EPS8266EX
- 2MB (16Mb) SPI flash memory
- Power LED
- User-programmable LED
- Button for easier access to UART boot mode
- SMT jumpers for different boot modes (FLASH, UART, SDO)
- PCB antenna
- UEXT pads for easier access to UART interface
- Pads for a U.FL antenna connector (if you want to use external antenna)
- 22 pin holes for easier access to processor pins
- OSHW desgn
- Dimensions: (1.3 x 0.9)" ~ (3.3 x 2.3)cm
Use great caution when working with mains voltage!