This product is currently out of stock. You might want to set a notification to receive a short one-time email when the product returns to stock next time.
This is the new and improved v1.4 of Dragino's LoRa shield. The new version comes with an SMA female antenna connector and allows you to select GPIOs with jumpers, also in v1.3 the 3.3V LDO for powering the shield was removed and the 3.3V pin from the Arduino board is used now.
The Dragino LoRa Shield is a long range transceiver on a Arduino shield form factor and based on open source library. The LoRa Shield allows the user to send data and reach extremely long ranges at low data-rates. It provides ultra-long range spread spectrum communication and high interference immunity whilst minimising current consumption.
The LoRa Shield is based on RFM95W/RFM98W and targets professional wireless sensor network applications such as irrigation systems, smart metering, smart cities, smartphone detection, building automation and so on.
Using Hope RF’s patented LoRa(TM) modulation technique the LoRa Shield can achieve a sensitivity of over -148dBm using a low cost crystal and bill of materials. The high sensitivity combined with the integrated +20 dBm power amplifier yields industry leading link budget making it optimal for any application requiring range or robustness. LoRa(TM) also provides significant advantages in both blocking and selectivity over conventional modulation techniques, solving the traditional design compromise between range, interference immunity and energy consumption.
These devices also support high performance (G)FSK modes for systems including WMBus, IEEE802.15.4g. The LoRa Shield deliver exceptional phase noise, selectivity, receiver linearity and IIP3 for significantly lower current consumption than competing devices.
- Compatible with 3.3V or 5V I/O Arduino Board
- Frequency Band: 868 MHz
- Low power consumption
- Compatible with Arduino Leonardo, Uno, Mega, Due
- External Antenna via SMA female connector (antenna is included)
- 168 dB maximum link budget
- +20 dBm - 100 mW constant RF output
- +14 dBm high efficiency PA
- Programmable bit rate up to 300 kbps
- High sensitivity: down to -148 dBm
- Bullet-proof front end: IIP3 = -12.5 dBm
- Excellent blocking immunity
- Low RX current of 10.3 mA, 200 nA register retention
- Fully integrated synthesizer with a resolution of 61 Hz
- FSK, GFSK, MSK, GMSK, LoRaTM and OOK modulation
- Built-in bit synchronizer for clock recovery
- Preamble detection
- 127 dB Dynamic Range RSSI
- Automatic RF Sense and CAD with ultra-fast AFC
- Packet engine up to 256 bytes with CRC
- Built-in temperature sensor and low battery indicator
- Lora Shield v1.0: The first hardware release for the Lora Shield.
- Lora Shield v1.2: Connect the DIOs to Arduino IO. Change i-pex connector to SMA connector.
- Lora Shield v1.3: Remove 5V to 3.3V LDO, use 3.3V directly from Arduino +3.3V pin.